21 March 2008

78. Female History Professor Conflicted About Abandoning Hillary For Barack

I am sitting in the town hall of my hometown in Vermont on Town Meeting Day. There are rows of folding metal chairs facing the stage, filled with people. I know some, but not all of them. Hillary is sitting next to me, wearing a blue jacket. I ask her what she thinks of the primary controversy in Michigan and Florida and she responds, in a warm and confidential tone, Honestly, I'm so busy on the campaign trail, I can't keep up with what's going on.

We then start talking about our hair. We both express dissatisfaction with our hairstyles and I tell Hillary that I want to cut mine. I say, What do you think of her hair? and point to a blonde woman in front of us. The blonde turns around and it's Cindy McCain. She say to Hillary, in a confessional way, You know, I'm so busy, too, I don't know what's going on either.

No comments: