30 March 2008

102. Male Designer In New York Who Voted For Hillary For Senate

Hillary was visiting my family -- which was a random assortment of some family and friends. We were spending a lot of time hanging around aimlessly chatting, which seemed odd to me. I'd always expected her to be one of the most busy, focused, and intense people I'd ever meet, but really she was just like any random lady.

I felt a little uncomfortable because along with her silk blouse (a bit rumpled) and jacket, she was wearing only underwear -- and not particularly impressive underwear: kind of grey and a little baggy, stretched out, with tatty lace bits around the edges. She took no notice of my noticing and we continued to chat. Her vulnerability was somehow touching but I made a decision to not be touched by it.

No comments: